Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Diva is dazzled

Once again, school life has taken over. The fourth and final quarter of the year has truly arrived. The students are getting buggy with Spring fever. The eighth graders are restless, yearning for graduation day (yes, here in the Midwest we do 8th grade graduation.) My dance club is performing in two weeks. The school play is the week after that. The chorus concert another week later. OMG!STRESS!!!

So in the battle against stress, I took off on a small road trip with the girls this past weekend. We were girlie and geeky. We were on the road longer than we were awake at our destination, but that was ok. You see, we had a purpose. This was not some idle trip. We were on a mission. We had a date with destiny. Robbie Williams was in Iowa. Who is Robbie Williams, you ask? Why only the biggest pop star in the world. You have never heard of him? Sure you have, you just don't realize it. See, he never really cracked the American market, despite signing a recording contract in England for 80 million pounds. Not dollars my friends...pounds. That is a hell of alot of money. Damn! Anyhow, I have loved him since his one and only US hit back in '99 called Millennium. I have all his music, both pop music and his swing CD (Swing While You're Winning. Go buy it!!!) He is am amazing musician and is SUPER SEXY!!! He absolutely never performs in the US. He lives in LA because he can be a nobody there. He is part owner of a soccer team over in England and has an LA version of the team that he plays on. So, long story short-ish, the LA Vale were playing an exhibition game in Des Moines. A six hour drive to see a musician I adore who will never perform live in the US? Hell yeah! Not only did I see him, but I got his autograph, talked to him, and HE TOUCHED ME!!! ehem. I was dazzled. I lost my cool. I giggled at him. oh lord. I acted like a little teenager. It was sad. Then again, I have an autograph and lots of pictures. If I was in England, this would never have happened. His concerts draw monstrous crowds of people who pay hundreds of dollars per ticket. You couldn't get within 20 feet of him. On Saturday I stood next to him. If I had been very brave (and wanted to risk the wrath of his security guys) I could have grabbed his ass. Oh yeah. Good times.

So yes. That is why I have been absent. I have been in a post-Robbie haze. It is a good thing. Cooking? Not done much of it. I baked some bread that I will share with you all later. It is tasty, but (typical) has almost zero shelf life. But that is for later.

6 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Will you regret not grabbing his ass for the rest of your life? LOL
Good to see you back bloggin'. Missed ya! HUGS

Improper Bostonian said...

I just found a link to your experience....I'm also a us fan and have a robbie blog. I linked back to your comments. Hope that's okay, I can take it down if you want.
Kelly

Blackshoes said...

Lucky girl!!!

I'm a portuguese fan of robbie and believe it, i whish i was there!

Anonymous said...

Your stat on driving time vs. awake time makes me sad. So much driving! But it was worth it. Oh yes, was it worth it.

Kara said...

Hello! I was also lucky enough to see Robbie in Iowa a couple weeks ago. It was so amazing! It still boggles my mind that he would come to Iowa, but we are so lucky to see him in a small venue.
I enjoyed your post, and I hope you enjoyed the Hawkeye State!

Hiredpun's House of Hopefuls said...

I've heard of Robbie. He has that amazing pop ballad called, "she's the one".

I dedicate that song to my one true love Julie.

Although not enamored with him as a person, he is decent as pop music goes.

Hiredpun